1. 250 grams penne pasta
2. 4 large tomatoes
3. 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
4. 1 large garlic, crushed
5. 1 cup of chopped mixed veggies (onions, capsicum, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, mushroom, spring onion, leeks)
6. 1/2 tsp dried basil
7. 1.5 tsp dried oregano
8. 1 tsp dried chili flakes
9. 2.5 tsp olive oil
10. 1/2 tsp dried thyme
11. 2 tbsp chopped parsley
12. 1/2 tsp chopped mint
13. 2 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
14. 1.5 cups water
15. Salt to taste
16. 1 tsp sugar, powdered
1. boil the pasta in water and set aside. drain the water into a pan
2. chop the tomatoes finely and saute them in 1.5 tsp oil with the sugar in a nonstick pan
3. once the tomatoes are bright red and oozing juice, transfer them into a grinding jar and grind finely using a food processor
4. Transfer again to pan and add chopped garlic, chopped mint, the salt, tomato ketchup, thyme and basil. Cook for 7-8 minutes on a high flame.
5. dry roast the vegetables on a high flame on a flat pan
6. Add the vegetables to the sauce and add rest of the oil along with the chili flakes and the oregano.
7. while stirring constantly, add the pasta slowly and cook on a uniform flame with constant tossing and stirring.
8. After cooking for another 3-4 minutes, add the cheese and cook for 1 more minute till the sauce starts bubbling around the penne pasta.
9. Take the pasta out into a dish and garnish with the chopped parsley.
10. serve hot !